Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Hemp Hearts
Quinoa Tabbouleh this is so delicious and fresh. Using fresh parsley and mint, hemp hearts, tomato and cucumber is filled with flavor and color! Full of fiber and protein, and is the ideal substitute for the bulgar wheat. Quick and easy to make it!
- 1 cup quinoa (I used Tri-Color)
- 1 bunch parsley (about 2 cups lightly packed), stems removed
- 1 small red-onion, diced or 3 green-onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch mint (about 1 cup lightly packed), stems removed
- 1 ½ cups cherry or grape-tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- drizzle of good extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 ¾ cups water
- juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 small English-cucumber (skin on), diced
- ¼ cup hemp-hearts (shelled hemp-seeds)
- mineral-salt and cracked pepper, to taste
For the Quinoa
Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh-strainer to remove any dust.
In a medium-pot bring quinoa, arlic powder and water to a boil, cover, reduce heat & simmer on-low for 15minutes.
Remove from heat, remove cover & let set for 10-15minutes, fluff with fork.
After quinoa is ready then add the hemp-hearts, parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion, cucumber, drizzle of olive-oil & juice of lemons, pepper and salt to taste, gently mixture.
Serve with a few parsley or whole-mint or mint leaves and lemon wedges.