This Mexican Street Tacos is so simple, quick and uthentic carne asada street tacos. They’re so delicious! Top with onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice. You’ll love it!
It is a fast recipe with a very simple marinade to your own skirt steak. It just needs 1 hour before you throw it on a skillet. From there, you can top off your tacos with diced onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
To make this recipe you need some simple ingredients that will make this recipe fantastic. Prepare all the ingredients in advance or if you don’t have it already, you can buy it at the grocery store.
Please, if you like this Mexican Street Tacos recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks.
Mexican Street Tacos
- 1 ½ lbs skirt steak cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 mini flour tortillas warmed
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp canola oil divided
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tbsp canola oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- At a gallon size Ziploc bag or large-bowl, combine soy sauce mix and steak and simmer for 1 hour up to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat.
- Add steak and marinade then cook. Stirring frequently, till steak has browned and marinade has decreased for 5-6 minutes, or till desired doneness.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.